Vital Information for Students
These are items you need to bring with you
These are items that need to be left ashore
- Dress for the day's weather. Synthetics are best; avoid cotton and wool if possible as they tend to stay wet while synthetics dry very quickly.
- Choose "aqua socks", water sandals, or old tennis shoes as your feet and ankles will get wet. Sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat are very important. Be sure you bring them.
- Bring a leash for your eyewear.
- Bring your choice of beverage and energy food for a quick snack during our breaks as we are on water for quite a while.
If you bring your cell phone in the kayak with you we'll gladly help you bury it at sea. Just kidding, but these items are best left ashore as you won't need them, and we won't be responsible for them.
- Cell Phone.
Please Be On Time!
- We hold classes in light rain as well as brilliant sunshine. So be prepared for Mother Nature and bring along a rain jacket and hat, as well as sunglasses and sunscreen.
- If we expect an all-day downpour, high winds or repeated thunderstorms with lightning we will, at our option, reschedule your class. With this in mind, it is important that we have a phone number where you can be reached the night before your class.
- We will give you several options for your rescheduled class.
- If you are experiencing a delay please call 517-879-8981 so that the other students are not stuck waiting for you. They can only handle so much of the instructor's cheesy jokes and want to get paddling!
- Please plan on checking in and getting your class packet at least 20 minutes prior to the listed start of your class.
- If you are taking any of our tours, it's most likely that you will have been sent directions to the launch site or take out beforehand so please print them and make sure you are in the right place to start your tour and not at our HQ wondering where everyone is.